Main Components in Graphic Design
- Simple graphical elements: points and lines of all types like, free, straight, broken corners, etc...
- Geometric elements, with or without boundary, polygons, circles, ellipses, ovals, etc...
- Types: letters in different forms and structures, used to display text messages.
- Use of graphics, logos, icons, illustrations, photographs etc...
Which Graphic Design Application to Choose?
Some of the Important Graphic Design Application and their uses
- performs the digital artwork and photo manipulation jobs, such as removing people and objects from backgrounds etc.
- edits images pixel by pixel
- for adding filters and special effects
- best for vector images which can be resized without loss of any quality
- designs logos for a poster, and even potentially the title treatment
- any iconic graphics (like an email, telephone, and web icons)
- best for multi-page projects and templates
- for designing the layouts such as stationery, posters, packagings etc.
- for designing a brochure, pocket folder or other print project that has large passages of text. InDesign is very handy because of its word wrap feature
- better than other Adobe programs at creating .EPS files, one of the more ideal formats for print-ready artwork
- can link elements from other programs without converting them to pixels
- has provisions to customize the interface to a greater extent
- is good as it offers auto-backups for all files
- recommended for large signboards, billboards, products and packaging etc.
- for creating typefaces and fonts