- Computer designing software used for 2D, 3D and drafting.
- Developed and marketed by Autodesk.
- First released: - December, 1992 on microcomputer with internal graphics controller.
- Desktop application:-1982.
- Mobile application:-2010.
- Used: - By Industries, By architects, Project Managers, Engineers, Graphics Designers and other Professionals.
- Five most common specialization areas are:-
D. Electrical Drafters: - Prepare diagrams of wiring electrical system layouts, panel designing cable designing electrical project designing, switch yard and sub-station designing.
E. Electronics Drafting: - Wiring diagram for use in the making, installing and repairing of electronic gadgets.
- Native file format (extension): -
- It is: a. Available in: - English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Brazilian Portuguese.
- It supports APIs for customization and automation. It include AutoLISP, VisualLISP, NET, VBA, ObjectARX (C++ CLASS LIBRARY).
- Variants: -
c. Student version: - licensed for free(student and teacher)- 18th month renewable licensed.
Overview of AutoCAD Design
Five primary areas of the AutoCAD graphics window:-
- MenuBar: pull-down menus are accessed through the menu bar.
- Status Bar: provide status information including color, layer, coordinate display etc….
- Drawing Area: the centre area called drawing area, area in which we draw drawing.
- Screen Menu: AutoCAD original menu interface, but now primarily used for option selection.
- Command line: It is area where we enter command and option from the keyword.