Friday, January 29, 2016
Interview Questions and Answers on Grid Systems in Layout Designing
Q.1. What is a Layout Grid?
Ans. Grid is a hidden force behind the layout that controls the the elements of design. It helps in separating, connecting, and organizing contents inside a layout. One grid is just for one purpose. A grid for classical books is not a good fit for dance club website.
Q.2. Why Grids in Layout are so important?
Ans. A layout grid is the invisible force that gives the visible its structure and holds everything in its proper place. Without a layout grid, graphic elements will not properly work together. Always start your design project with a layout grid.
Q.3. How many types of Grids are there? Please explain with example.
Ans. Types of layout Grids are:-
(1) Manuscript Grid
(2) Column Grid
(3) Modular Grid
(4) Hierarchical Grid
(1) MANUSCRIPT GRID:- The manuscript grid is the easiest grid structure of all. It is predominantly an extensive rectangular area taking up a large portion of the space inside a format.
Use: Classical layouts such as novels and religious books such as Ramayan and Mahabharat.
(2) COLUMN GRID:- These grids are great when discontinuous data needs to be exhibited.
(3) MODULAR GRID:- These grids are great for hard projects that call for more control than a column grid can offer. Picture galleries and shopping carts are likely possibility for modular (particular) grids.
Use: Magazines and Newspapers
(4) HIERARCHICAL GRID:- It is commonly found on the web. This is based more on an intuitive placement of elements, which still conforms to the needs of the information flow lines.
Use: Web templates and modern layouts
Q.4. What is the Fibonacci sequence & how it is useful for designers?
Ans. The Fibonacci Sequence is the series of numbers:
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89 & so on.........
Designers used these sequence for making their design more accurate, attractive, and beautiful. This is a concept that many designers ignore all together, regardless of their knowledge of the sequence.
Q.5. Can you explain the projects of few brands using Golden Ratio?
Ans. Golden Ratio:- The Golden Ratio (symbol is the Greek letter "phi") is a special number approx. equal to 1.618.
It appears many times in geometry, nature, human anatomy, art, architecture, and other areas.
BRANDS USING GOLDEN RATIO ARE:-
(1) TWITTER: Though the Twitter logo has gone through a ton of changes, many of which included no bird at all, by my count, there have been five major iterations of the actual Twitter bird formerly known as Larry Bird and this bird has been designed through the Golden Spiral rule which comes from the Fibonacci numbers.
(2) APPLE: You can notice the numbers in side the Golden Ratio if you see it & but not in Apple logo. I want to tell you that this logo is based on Golden Ratio and of course these numbers are Fibonacci numbers.
NISSAN, TOYOTA, ATARI, PEPSI & so on......
Q.6. What are the difference between Column & Modular Grids?
Ans. COLUMN GRID:- Column grids are made up by setting multiple columns inside the format. Column grids are great when discontinuous data needs to be exhibited.
MODULAR GRID:-Modular grids are similar to column grid with the expansion of even divisions marked by rows. Modular grids are great for hard projects that call for more control than a column grid can offer.
Q.7. What is the Rule of Thirds & how it is helpful for designers & photographers?
Ans. The rule of thirds works by splitting an image into thirds, so you end up with 9 equal sections, then simply place your main subject where the lines intersect.
The ADMEC Multimedia Institute scholarship program aims to select and trained talented non working female, married woman and non married m...
Colors is most valuable things in our life. Without colors be cannot express our ideas . In electronic things (TV and computer display) u...
Dedication along with hard work and passion are the key factors that can help a person to establish a strong foothold in this competitive...
With the rising of IT sector in India, the competition level between the aspirants is also increasing swiftly. Web Development is ...