- Photoshop is a popular choice for web graphics, photo editing and designs since these projects will stay at a fixed size.
- In Illustrator, a line consists of two dots connected by a computer algorithm, instead of line of pixels like Adobe Photoshop. Because of this reason, Illustrator is often used to create logos or which needs to be printed or displayed at different sizes. A vector graphic will never lose its quality even after scaling up or down.
Importance of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Photoshop can produce vector graphics, but this is not its basic function. On the other hand, Illustrator deals with vector graphics as its main function, and as a result it has more tools to properly produce scalable logos. Making an artwork which can scale to any size is one of the fundamentals in logo design.
- Photoshop is suitable to use for photo editing, photo manipulation, and composite artwork.
- Illustrator is best suited for certain aspects of branding, scalable vector graphic artwork, technical illustration, typography, and pattern-making.
Combining the power of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Photoshop to perform the digital artwork and photo manipulation, like removing people and objects from backgrounds, and rendering any digital effects that can be used for creating the right atmosphere.
- Illustrator can be used to incorporate things like logos to promote companies.